Monday, April 11, 2011

SPRING BREAK!

Well, my kids are out for Spring Break this week and wouldn't you know my husband is spending the whole week in Texas on business! Because of this, I have decided that this week I AM NOT COOKING. Let's face it, he eats most of the food I cook and the kids aren't super impressed with food - they just want to get meal time over with so they can get back to playing (and the baby is eating my arm as we speak). Instead, I have decided to post a recipe a day for Spring Break. One's that I either have been wanting to try, or absolutely love. So here you go!

Creamy Chicken Florentine Recipe

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup halved red pepper strips
1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Creme (you could substitute cream cheese and some minced garlic for this one - I would throw in the garlic a few minutes before your chicken is done cooking)
2 cups hot cooked penne pasta
2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts

Cook chicken and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until wilted. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. liquid.
Add cooking creme; cook and stir 3 min.
Stir in pasta; top with nuts. Yield: 4 servings, 1-1/4 cups each.

Variation: Substitute uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp for the chicken; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Continue as directed.

1 comment: