I have a 2 year old who just split his little lip open and I have managed to calm him down and assess him enough to know he won't get stitches since it is all lip... so I am keeping this short and sweet since he is getting my extra time today for cuddles and comfort so... if you love Red Lobsters biscuits, you will love the recipe for Garlic Cheese Biscuits - so yummy and SO FAST YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD THEY ARE! The rest speak for themselves.
Chicken Pasta Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait Greek fat free honey vanilla yogurt
½ c. milk
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 t. poppy seed
1 t. salt
1 t. grated lemon peel
2 c. uncooked penne or rotini pasta
2 c. diced cooked chicken
2 c. baby spinach leaves
1 c. red seedless grapes, halved
½ c. thinly sliced celery
½ c. slivered almonds, toasted
In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients using wire whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.In large bowl, mix cooked pasta, chicken, spinach, grapes and celery. Stir dressing; pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Stir in almonds, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, if desired.
Makes 6 servings (1 1/3 cups each)
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
2 c. Bisquick mix
2/3 c. milk
½ c. grated cheddar cheese
¼ c. butter, melted
¼ t. garlic powder
Heat oven to 450. Mix bisquick, milk and cheese in med bowl until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop dough by HEAPING spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min, or until golden brown. Mix butter and garlic powder in small bowl and brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 biscuits.
1 (12 oz) bottle chili sauce
1 (16 oz) can jellied cranberry sauce
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. brown sugar
1 (24 oz) bag precooked, seasoned Italian frozen meatballs
Cooked rice, noodles or potatoes
Heat oven to 300. Mix chili sauce, cranberry sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar in small bowl. Pour sauce over frozen meatballs in baking pan and bake, uncovered 1 ½ hours. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes. Serves 4-6
½ c. vegetable oil, or as needed
8 corn tortillas
4 c. shredded lettuce
1 ½ c. grated queso fresco or cheddar cheese
¾ c. sour cream
1 lrg tomato, diced
2 avacados, pitted, peeled and diced
2 c. refried beans, warmed
2 c. cooked shredded chicken, warmed
Line baking sheet with paper towels. In lrg skillet, heat oil until shimmery and hot. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, 1 minute per side. Transfer to baking sheet and cook 5 minutes.
Place toppings in separate serving bowls. Spread beans on each tortilla and sprinkle chicken over the top. Appx. 6 servings
Cabbage Roll Casserole
1 lb ground beef
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 med onion, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1-2 c. cooked rice (Brown or white)
2 cans/jars (14 oz) tomato sauce, or 1 of sauce and 1 of diced tomatoes
1 sm (5.5 oz) can tomato paste
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1 T. raw honey
½ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
Dash of chili or cayenne pepper
8 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage (1/2 – 2/3 of large cabbage)
Fry ground beef with bit of oil, onions and garlic. Mix in rice. Mix in egg.
In bowl, combine tomato sauce and paste. Stir in vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and chili or cayenne. In lrg casserole dish, layer cabbage, meat mixture then drizzle with sauce. Repeat all layers a second time. End with extra layer of cabbage and sauce over the top. Cover and bake at 350 for an hour. (you can sprinkle some cheddar on the top if you like for the last 5 min). Serve with sour cream.
Chicken with Creamy Dijon Herb Sauce
½ c. chicken broth
6 T, Dijon Mustard
1/3 c. cream cheese, softened
1 T. minced herbs (parsley, basil or chives)
1 T. oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 t. minced garlic
Mix broth, mustard, cream cheese and herbs until well blended and set aside. Saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides (appx 15 minutes). Stir in mustard sauce and garlic. Simmer over med heat 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Can also bake this recipe. (To make your chicken cook a little faster when sautéing and stretch a little farther, I always pound my chicken out with a meat mallet first).
Wicked Good Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cups
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
3 1/2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
6 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup (heaped) semisweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream for topping
Chocolate jimmies for sprinkling
1. Into a medium saucepan, sift together the cornstarch, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Slowly whisk in the half-and-half, until the mixture is combined and smooth. Whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time, until smooth.
2. Cook the pudding over medium heat, whisking continuously, until the pudding starts to thicken and large bubbles form and plop, like slowly bubbling hot lava, on the surface of the pudding. Reduce the heat to low, and continue cooking, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Check the consistency of the pudding by running your finger across the back of the stirring spoon; if it leaves a trail that does not immediately fill in, it is thick enough.
3. Remove from the heat and stir the vanilla, peanut butter, and chocolate chips into the hot pudding until thoroughly melted and combined.
4. Place eight 4-ounce custard cups or ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour the pudding into the cups, using a damp paper towel to clean up any drips. Cover the custard cups with plastic wrap. Alternatively, pour the pudding into a large bowl and cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate the pudding until very cold, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
5. To serve, top the chocolate–peanut butter cups with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate jimmies (also called chocolate vermicelli). If refrigerated in the larger bowl, you can scoop it into small dessert dishes and top with whipped cream and chocolate jimmies.
-For even more fun, make little chocolate bowls out of balloons. You can find the tutorial here: http://www.bakerella.com/pudding-cups/